10 Things You Need To Know About Kim Kardashian's Bodyguard

Kim Kardashian's bodyguard, Pascal Duvier wasn't at the No Name Hotel in Paris when she was tied up and had $10m of jewellery and two mobile phones stolen. He was less than two miles away at the Arc nightclub with Kim's sisters, Kourtney and Kendall Jenner.

Just days before the robbery, Kim praised Pascal for stopping Vitalli Sediuk from assaulting her. The notorious prankstar tried to kiss Kim's famous bottom in Paris but Pascal tackled him out of the way. She posted on Twitter: "My security @PascalDuvier is a G".

Neither Kim nor Kanye blame Pascal for the incident.

Steve Stanulis, the reality star's former bodyguard also praised Pascal saying: "Pascal is awesome. He would be the guy I would hire."

Pascal is currently with the Keeping Up The Kardashian's security team in New York planning a total overhaul to keep her protected and has vowed to track down those responsible.

But who is Pascal Duvier?

Here's 10 things you need to know about him.

1. Pascal worked with Kanye West first

He has been the primary bodyguard for Kim, 35 and Kanye West, 39 for the past three years. He started minding Kanye first in 2013 and even provided the security for his 2014 Yeezus tour.

2. He's filed for company bankruptcy with debts of €1 million euros

Pascal is the chairman of Protect Security. He has run the firm for 19 years but reportedly filed for bankruptcy 10 weeks ago with debts of €1 million euros. The 43-year-old lodged a claim for company insolvency at Heidelberg administrative court in Germany on July 22nd. The mission statement of the company is to: "build a security team around the protected person." They work all over the world who help their VIP clientele with tours/road management, awards shows like the Golden Globes as well as personal appearances.

3. He's removed Kim Kardashian from his social media

Pascal has deleted all references to Kim off his social media account. As he's so frequently pictured with Kim, he has grown a huge fanbase of his own. Pascal, who has two daughter frequently chats with his 12k followers on Twitter. He has stripped the account of any references he works for Kim including photos of the pair together. But despite speculation he revealed he has not been fired by Kim but removing the content is a security precaution to block possible thieves working out their location in the future.

He wrote on his personal blog: "Yes pictures have been removed from social media due to the incident that occured with Kim. Strictly just a security precaution, period end of story. Also contrary to media reports YES I am still employed. No more statements at this time."

4. He travels the world with the Kardashians

The bodyguard accompanied Kim to Iceland for Kourtney's 37th birthday bash. He also went to the Kardashian family ski trip in Vail, their holiday to Cuba as well as their visit to Armenia.

5. Pascal is a workout fantatic

Being a bodyguard is physically demanding so Pascal works out a lot to keep his body in shape. At 6'4 and 264 lbs, he towers above tiny 5'3 Kim, who is only 135 lbs. He shares videos online of his workouts, which feature heavy weight-lifting as well as ropes. He also flips giant tyres and mobility exercises. He says: "I work out a lot and I need fuel to feed my body. Working out is essential for me, I love working out every day and the most important thing is to switch up my routine."

6. He eats 18 eggs every day

Working out so frequently means he needs to eat a lot to keep his bulk. He reportedly has 18 eggs a day. He told Highsnobiety.com that his diet "consists of eating everything." He explains: "Lots of fish and meat, fruit, pasta, rice, bread and of course cake."

7. He served in the German army

As well as protecting stars, he used to defend his country too. He says: "I started in the German army. At the time it was mandatory to enlist in Germany and I thought it was a good idea to do something for your country."

8. He practices judo

His father was a boxer but his mum suggested he try judo instead because she wasn't keen in him following his dad into the boxing ring. He reveals: "A friend of my parents suggested it since my mother was against me being a boxer like my father. I went to a class to see it and I liked it right away. That was in 1979."

9. His first priority is keeping his clients safe

He takes his job very seriously posting on his Instagram account: "Even when the fans create a chaos, you have to stay professional and not neglect your surroundings." He even avoids becoming friends with his famous clients because it hinders him doing his job properly. He says: "I'm being hired to do a job, not to be a friend."

10. Kim and Kanye aren't his only famous clients

Pascal's worked extensively as a bodyguard. According to his LinkedIn account, he's minded the Black Eyed Peas, Ciara, David Guetta, Nick Jonas and Frank Ocean.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7qLjApqauqp2WtKLGyKecZ5ufY8Kse8Crq6KbnJp8cnyMrZ%2Bippeoerq71Galnp2UYsGwecqnprBlkZe8tsCMpKCmZZuWv6Wt0qGgmqajYq%2BwsNigrJqqlA%3D%3D